“Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name and contact information. We collect and store this personal information that you have provided us through one or more of your contacts with us.
Jackson-Feild does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, etc.
Consent. This Policy applies to collection, use and protection of information, including information collected on our website. By submitting your information to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the Policy and to our processing personal information for the purposes stated below.
How your Information is Used. Jackson-Feild uses your data to complete and acknowledge donations and to communicate and update you on happenings on our campus. We maintain records of donations, gift acknowledgements, send newsletters, notices and solicitations and for internal fund raising purposes including responding to inquires.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing addresses and/or other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your personal information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen. Except as described in this Policy or at the time we request the information, we do not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties. Further, Jackson-Feild will not sell or trade your personal information to any third parties.
Donor Recognition. We do not list individual names in any of our publications. Corporate and foundation donors may be listed in our newsletter or annual report with their permission.
No Sharing of Personal Information. Jackson-Feild does not sell, rent, trade or share your personal information to any outside organization. We require third-party mailing services to treat our list as confidential information and are prohibited from transferring or utilizing this information for their own benefit. Donor information is used to further the mission and help the children served by Jackson-Feild. Best effort security measures may not prevent all intrusions and JFH is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to security failures.
Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List. If you would like your name to be removed from our mailing list please contact us at 804-354-6929 or email email@example.com.
Access to Records. You have the right to review personal information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at 4905 Dickens Road, Suite 202, Richmond, VA 23230.
Opt-Out/Deletion Contact. If you wish to have your data deleted, opt-out of receiving future communications or any other privacy right you may by law, please contact Jackson-Feild Homes at the below contact person and their contact information.
Attention: Tod Balsbaugh, VP or Advancement
546 Walnut Grove Drive
Jarratt, Virginia 23867
All deletion and opt-out requests will be honored and will be processed as soon as possible upon receipt. Should you have any questions about this issue please contact Tod Balsbaugh whose contact information is listed above.
Privacy and Security
JACKSON-FEILD HOMES will collect no personal information about you other than statistical information that can be used to make the site more effective.
Information We Gather
We use Google Analytics to collect and store information about your visit to our site. This information includes:
- Environmental information such as the location of your IP address, the language you are browsing in, and the technical specifications of the device and browser you are using;
- Behavioral information such as the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit, links you clicked on the site, and the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (i.e., DHS.gov if you are connecting from a DHS account, or GMU.edu if you are connecting from George Mason University’s domain); and
- Acquisition information such as the Internet address of the website you came from if it linked you directly to jacksonfeild.org and search terms that you enter into the jacksonfeild.org search tool.
If your browser accepts cookies, we may use a session cookie to learn how many different visitors come to jacksonfeild.org. We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful. We do not collect personally identifiable information nor do we sell this data to anyone.
Cookies and jacksonfeild.org
- Distinguish unique users (last for up to 2 years if you never clear your cookies)
- Throttle the request rate (last for up to 1 minute)
If you don’t want to accept cookies, you can edit your browser’s options to stop accepting persistent cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Although using persistent cookies allows us to deliver a better experience for you, this site will also work without them.
Information You Send Us
When you send us personal information (e.g., in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment) or by filling out a form that email us this information, we only use this information to respond to your request. Such application information is carefully protected by the agency and not available in or retained by web tracking software. We may forward your email to the government employee who can best answer your questions. We do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required for law enforcement or statute.
We want to make it clear that we will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide that information to us. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, or as otherwise required by law, we do not share any information we receive with anyone else.
How Do We Protect Your Data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Websites, your information is protected both online and offline. We use appropriate security measures to protect the security of your data both online and offline. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process, store, and the current state of technology. Please note, though, that no website or internet transmission is completely secure, so while we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our web servers use industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on JACKSON-FEILD HOMES servers are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
JACKSON-FEILD HOMES follows the requirements of the Privacy Act which protects personal information that JACKSON-FEILD HOMES maintains in systems of records (SORs). A system of records is a file, database, or program from which personal information is retrieved by name or other personal identifier.
JACKSON-FEILD HOMES protects PII security and confidentiality through various methods including security technologies and strict access controls. JACKSON-FEILD HOMES’s Privacy Act program establishes the processes and procedures, and assigns responsibilities, for fulfilling the Privacy Act’s mandate. Also published here is our privacy policies and practices as they apply to JACKSON-FEILD HOMES employees, contracting requirements, contractors, and clients.
Reuse and Copyright
Most material on our site is free of copyright and may be copied and distributed without permission. Citation of the JACKSON-FEILD HOMES site and a link back is much appreciated.
If you have any questions about these policies, please contact us.
Social Media Sites
Where we manage a presence on social media sites to share government information and engage with our audience, we do not collect any personally identifiable information through those sites. We do not use personal information made available by the third-party sites. If you submit a question or comment to us via a social media tool or platform, we may reply directly to you via that platform, but we don’t track or record any information about individuals who use or interact with us via those platforms.